Authorities say five children died in a house fire in Butemba Township Bukwiri Kyankwanzi district.
The fire was reported at 2.00am on Tuesday and bodies of the toddlers were taken to Kiboga Hospital for Post mortem.
Patrick Onyango, an official at the Police Public Relations office in the capital, Kampala, said cops received a report at Bukwiri Police Station which was made by one Mohammed Ssali a resident of Butemba of fire outbreak at his residence.
Scene was immediately visited but the lives of five children Musimbi Hassan, 12 years old, Falidha Kakungulu 10 years, Nambuya Kamiyat who was 9 years old, Wakholi Akhram just 7 years and Nakituyi Hamida couldn’t be saved.
The cause of the fire was unattended to candle which was left burning.
“Our preliminary investigations indicate that the source of fire was a burning candle that was left in the house,” Onyango said.